Tuesday, March 2, 2010

The Reason...

The reason I was mean to you was fairly simple: I was in a really bad mood.

I understand you trying to be nice and, naturally, wanting to know what was wrong. And that didn't really bother me at first. But I didn't want to tell you what was bothering me because, frankly, it's my business and mine alone. I told you that.

However, you kept pressing me and pressing me to tell you what was wrong and it just got annoying. When I am in a bad mood, if talking to me doesn't work, it is best to leave me be and let me cool off. I saw no other way to get you to stop after telling you repeatedly, so I had to find a better way to get my message across to you.

When you kept trying to make me smile, it only made me get into a worse mood. Sometimes, when I'm grouchy, I don't want to smile all the time. I just want to be allowed to sit there and steam for a little bit. Eventually, I cool off and everything is back to normal.

Regardless of how many times I told you that I just wanted to be left alone for the time being, you kept trying. Like I said, I understand you wanting to know what was wrong and attempting to make me feel better. That's just because you're a nice person; it's what you do. But there is a point when it should become clear that I needed to be allowed to just sit there for a bit to fume and then I will be able to calm myself down.

For some reason, even after a pretty good day today, I still find myself rather irritable lately. I apologize for snapping at you for that reason; I'm usually not so cranky and even when I am, your efforts usually bring me into a better mood. Last time, though, it didn't work. When that is the case, leave me be for a little while. Chances are I will start feeling better relatively quickly (a short break from whatever is causing me stress will often allow me to either realize that it isn't that big of a deal or just let myself relax for a bit).

Okay, that's just a really long, drawn out, repetitive way of saying that I'm sorry I snapped at you and, in the future, if you can't bring me into a better mood or get me to tell you what's bugging me, it's best to let me alone and I will start feeling better soon enough.

Wow. That post was longer than I thought it would be.

-M

No comments:

Post a Comment